My card this week started life as a kraft card base, but I’ve used distress oxide inks (pickled raspberry, seedless preserve, broken china, evergreen bough and black soot) to create a background along with some stamps I had in my stash. The distress oxide inks give a more opaque background and I like that the black soot isn’t a harsh black. Onto this background I added some die cuts and a sentiment stamp which I created in the same way, with kraft card and distress oxide inks, as the background.
The image from Polkadoodles that I chose to use is “balloon days” with the character “Winnie” as my focal image. I coloured her with Chameleon pens, masked around the balloon and stamped a word stamp over the balloon itself.