This weeks challenge at Trimmies Craft Challenge is on and our sponsor this time is DRS Designs. These challenges keep you going when you have a lot on yor mind. Crafting can absorb you and help with mindfulness. So let’s see what Christmas projects to can come up with this week.
Another day another challenge! This weeks CRAFT challenge is tags and I’ve chosen to make this a Christmas tag.
The cute Hootie pair are a digital stamp from Crafty Sentiments and I’ve coloured the image with watercolour pencils. Stamped the postmark around the image and added some distress ink around the edges.
We are having a Design Team Call. If you would like to be part of our fun, friendly team then check out the details below. You don’t have to have any previous DT experience so if you fancy ‘getting your feet wet’ just get in touch here.
We are looking for several permanent designers who like the rest of us are committed crafters. All we ask is that you commit to producing one project a week, following the themes and using any freebies that our generous sponsors provide. You will need to have a blog to share your creations and advertise the challenge to coincide with the time the challenge goes live. We also ask that you comment on allocated entries to the challenge – this is a great way to get inspiration for your own crafting. It’s that simple!
I’ve coloured this digital image with Chameleon pens (CG9, NU0, BL3, RD2, BL2, YO3, NU1, GR1, GR2, NU2, NU00, WG3, BR2, YL2, NU4, RD4, YO2), matted onto mottled green, gold and then a striped coordinating paper. I added die cut snowflakes from a glitter card to frame the carolling girl.
This is a great image, quite quirky and modern and playful. I hope you like it too.
I simply coloured this image with pencil crayons and a Sakura gelly roll pen golden star. The image was matted and layered onto the base card and a coordinating paper and a simple die cut added, with gold card behind the “merry”.
This is the last challenge of 2019, and also the last challenge of the decade! I’ve used a combination of techniques for this card, and the plan didn’t start out that way it just evolved! So there’s the cute digital image, there’s stamping and inking, there’s die cutting, there’s even a peel off strip and some glitter on top of a 2-way glue pen.
Firstly I coloured the image with some alcohol markers. I think used a 2-way glue pen to cover the hat brim and the Pom Pom and covered these in glitter. I then die cut the image to make a topped and inked around the edge with some distress oxide ink. With the same ink I stamped snowflakes onto the card blank. I stuff an off cut of a First Edition paper onto the left hand side of the card and cut this to follow the scallops around the card base.
Where the edge of this met the snowflake stamping I added a black glitter peel off strip. Onto a spare piece of card I stamped 3 baubles which I coloured with the distress oxide ink, and glittered the pattern on them. Onto the base card I stamped the hanging strings and stuck the baubles at the bottom of each string. The topper image was stuck below these and the pink glittery die cut was stuck towards the left along with 3 gems. Finally in the bottom right hand corner I stamped a sentiment.
I hope that everyone has a happy festive break and that 2020 brings you all that you wish for.
For this card I’ve combined two things. I’m currently making samples for some demonstration days at The Range to show off some of the Trimcraft products. So I’ve combined the image for this challenge with the products I’ll be demonstrating.
I’ve used my Chameleon pens (BL2, VO2, BG3, NU1, NU00, NG4, VO4, PR4 and PK4) to colour this Sheepski Designs image. I cut the image out into a square topped and layered this onto a backing paper I had in my stash and then onto a white card which I had stamped “happy holidays” to form a border around the square. I love the simple effect that this can have and its so simple to do with the Tim Holtz/Tonic stamping plate. I added a bit of sparkle with the gold and clear star Sakura pens.
This image from The Paper Shelter was chosen by the team to be made into 3D decoupage. I printed it out several times on Centura Pearl card so that the image had a shimmer to it. I decided on the layers cut and shaped these and then layered these up with some glue gel.